How to style out salt hair is among our big questions for the summer, do we top knot, beach wave, or braid? Take hairspiration from the beach babes who do it best and know how to work beach-ready hair with this homemade recipe.
Image shot at the studio by http://www.polishingcolors.com/
- Spray bottle
- 1 cup hot water
- 1-2 tsp sea salt (more for a beachier look)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, argan oil, or ½ of each (we like using both!)
- ½ tsp leave-in conditioner
- dab of pomade or water-based gel
- Add the hot water to the spray bottle.
- Measure out, add the ingredients and shake for about a minute
- Spray liberally to towel-dried hair and scrunch, scrunch, scrunch. Try putting it in a big, loose braid for awhile, and/or on top of your head in a loose knot while it dries. When it's almost dry, let your hair down, scrunch some more, and let it completely air dry.